FEMA Mitigation experts will be at the Home Depot, 1122 Ulster Avenue, Kingston, Friday, Oct. 21 to Wednesday, Oct. 26 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and at Lowe’s, 650 Route 299, Highland, the same days and hours. The mitigation experts will provide information on:
- Cleaning mold and mildew;
- Elevating electrical services and appliances;
- Installing sewer back-flow valves;
- Removing and replacing drywall and insulation;
- Channeling water away from foundations;
- Repairing with water-resistant materials; and
- The permitting process required for rebuilding.
More information on ways to protect your home from future disasters is available at: www.fema.gov. Choose the menu for Recover and Rebuild.