Wednesday, September 14
1:00 pm at Grand Gorge Civic Center (formerly the school)
State Route 30, Grand Gorge
7:30 pm at Delhi Fire Hall
140 Delview Terrace Extension, Delhi
This multi-agency meeting targets the needs of farmers affected by the recent flooding from Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. Staff from the Watershed Agricultural Council, CCE Delaware County (CCE-DC), Delaware County Soil & Water, USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and Farm Service Agency will be on hand to answer questions and talk about the financial and technical assistance available to landowners.
Among the items to be covered:
- Qualifying for immediate assistance programs such as NYS Agricultural and Community Recovery Fund
- Applying for USDA FSA crop insurance claims
- Completing the Emergency Forage Assessment form
- Planning Feed Needs for your farm
- Lining up emergency forage
- Exploring other resources, troubleshooting and making site visit appointments.
These multi-agency meetings are free and open to the public, but will focus on the needs of local farmers and how federal, state, regional and local agencies and partners can provide technical and financial assistance. Call (607) 865-6531 for more information or to make accommodations for special needs.